Howard S. Trickey
Member of the Firm
HOWARD S. TRICKEY is a member of the firm focusing primarily on Litigation and Appeals, Labor and Employment Law, and Education Law. One of Alaska's most accomplished and best respected litigators, Mr. Trickey represents businesses, individuals, school districts and municipalities in complex commercial and business disputes, professional malpractice claims, employment and labor disputes and constitutional and public law claims. He also regularly represents clients in appeals before the Alaska Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and has been involved in a number of precedent setting cases that have influenced public policy.
Mr. Trickey's experience includes:
- Representing businesses involved in contract disputes, franchise disputes, anti-trust claims, breach of fiduciary duty claims, fraud, unfair trade practice claims and other common business law torts.
- Defending employers against a broad range of employment-related claims including breach of contract, breach of implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, wrongful discharge, discrimination, defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress, invasion of privacy, whistleblower claims and FLSA.
- Successfully defending businesses, public institutions and insurance companies in tort matters including wrongful death claims, defamation actions, premises liability cases, automobile and school bus accidents, trespass and conversion claims, and in all forms of negligence actions.
- Representing businesses and individuals in professional negligence and malpractice actions against attorneys, doctors and financial advisors for lost profits and economic loss.
- Handling precedent-setting litigation involving school law, statewide education policy and laws relating to public officials.
- Advising and representing a majority of the school districts in Alaska on a broad array of issues including labor negotiations, education policy, employee relations, special education, school board policies and student discipline.
Mr. Trickey writes and speaks frequently on topics related to labor and employment law, school law and business torts. He has served as a board member of the Council of School Attorneys and the Anchorage Center for Children (service provider to abused children and families in crisis). He has also served on the Alaska Bar Association Ethics Committee.
For over 10 years, Mr. Trickey has been listed in "The Best Lawyers in America" in commercial litigation, employment law, and labor law.
Learn more About Our Firm and Our Attorneys
Areas of Expertise
- J.D., Catholic University of America, 1975
- B.A., University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1971
- District of Columbia
- American Bar Association: Member, sections on Litigation; Tort and Insurance Practice; Center for Professional Responsibility; and Labor and Employment
- Alaska Bar Association: Member, sections on Employment Law and Torts/Personal Injury Law